Join the choir and sing with us.
Details of our past seasons can be found here.
Auditions for our 2023/24 season will be held in January in 1-29 FAB, UofA, Edmonton.
Please click on the button below to book an audition time.
Auditions are 10 minutes long, and are comprised of the following pieces:
- Sing a series of simple vocal exercises to display your vocal range, colour and timbre
- Presentation of J.S. Bach’s chorale “Du heilige Brunst” – the final chorale from Bach’s Motet BWV 226 (as provided here) in your own voice part on a neutral syllable (eg: lah, nah, loo, noo). German text is not necessary. To be accompanied by the RES pianist. We do not accept an outside pianist or an audio tape.
- Sing-back intervals, short melodies and chords played for you by the RES pianist.
- Tap, clap or verbalize with “tah” a brief rhythm
- Sight-read a brief melody
In the audition, we will evaluate the following:
- vocal timbre, colour and range
- ability to follow musical instructions
- flexibility and ability to learn
We are well aware that sometimes nervousness may prevent you from performing at your best in an audition. Please be assured that we take these factors into account, but at the same time, the more prepared you are, the better you will perform under the inherent stress of an audition.
Please come prepared to exhibit your musical skills.