Join the choir and sing with us! Click here for details of our exciting upcoming season!
Auditions for our 2017-18 season will be held on August 28 & 29, 2017 from 6pm to 9pm.
We are using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUp and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming Auditions.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click here to review the available times.
- Choose the spot you like.
- Sign up!
It’s easy! You will not need to register an account or remember a password! SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone.
If you prefer not to use your email address, please Contact us to be signed up manually.
To confirm your Audition, complete and send an application form.
Contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
The audition is comprised of the following pieces:
- Presentation of a song of your choice: This can be anything (2-3 minutes long) from the classical repertoire such as an aria, an art song, a hymn, or other selection reflecting your voice to best advantage. It does not have to be memorized. We will provide accompaniment. Please present a copy of your selection for the RES pianist at the time of the audition. We do not accept an outside pianist or an audio tape.
- Sight reading test: A simple classical score will be provided. You will be required to sing the score with piano accompaniment.
- Hearing acuity test: The piano plays 3-5 random notes while you listen and then sing them back.
- A series of scales: This serves to identify your range so that the appropriate section can be assigned.
The outcome will be advised within 2 days of your audition.